United Methodist Men (UMM) is a creative, supportive fellowship of men who seek to know Jesus Christ, to grow spiritually, and to daily seek His will. The primary purpose of United Methodist Men's ministry is to declare the centrality of Christ in the lives of men and in all their relationships.
The major concerns of the UMM organization are:
- To encourage knowledge of an support for the total mission of The United Methodist Church.
- To encourage in evangelism by sharing the fullness of the gospel in it personal and social dimensions.
- To clarify and speak to the identity and role of the man in contemporary society.
- To seek commitment and discipleship.
- To study and become familiar with The United Methodist Church, its organization, doctrines, and beliefs.
- To cooperate with all units of United Methodist Men in obtaining these objectives through district, conference, jurisdiction, and church-wide goals.
- To study and become familiar with The United Methodist Church, its organization, doctrines, and beliefs
Men seeking membership in UMM's fellowship shall subscribe to the "Purpose" of United Methodist Men and to these personal objectives:
- Engage daily in Bible study and prayer.
- Bear witness to Christ's way in daily work and in all personal contacts through words and actions.
- Engage in some definite Christian service.
- The UMM seek to focus on evangelism, missions, and spiritual growth.
The UMM missions/activities include:
- Hunger relief programs through the Society of St. Andrew (Potato Drop, Meals for Millions, and Challenge Disciples)
- Scholarships for Cheerful Cherubs
- Support for the Methodist Children's Home
- Participation in Church wide work projects in conjunction with the Trustees.
- Assist the elderly or our congregation with minor repairs through our Helping Hands Ministry.
- Provide transportation to members of our congregation who need a ride to services through our Need a Ride Ministry.
- Support for Christmas in April, Habitat for Humanity, Operation Christmas Child, and Angel Tree Ministry.
- Fall Flea Market fundraiser